In this episode, we listen to two planners with an international perspective on gender planning and discuss the implications of gender justice for women around the globe with many concrete examples.
A huge thank you to our interview partners Catarina Camarinhas & Sujaya Rathi!
Literature (add further suggestions in the comments!):
- UN HABITAT, 2012. Gender Issue Guide – Housing and Slum Upgrading
- UN HABITAT, 2014. Gender mainstreaming in spatial planning
- Bhattacharya, S., Patro, S. and Rathi, S., 2016. Creating Inclusive Cities. Environment and Urbanization ASIA, 7(2), pp.214-233.
- Bhattacharya, S., Patro, S., Vaidyanathan, V. and Rathi, S., 2016. Localising The Gender Equality Goal Through Urban Planning Tools In South Asia.
- Camarinhas, C., 2019. Policy Brief: implementation strategies for youth mainstreaming in sustainable development processes.
Thank you for your contributions and for supporting our vision!
The podcast “breaking paradigms” is a collaborative effort of Constanze Frech and Sarah Kusché. It focuses on all things spatial planning, especially regarding knowledge transfer and non-European practices and theories. Every 30-minute episode centers around a different topic and should give insights and perspectives on both theory and practice. Our goal is to be educational for those still studying and already in the professional field. We seek to collaborate with experts in their respective fields from all continents and build a platform to exchange niche subjects and start a conversation.
Created by Constanze Frech & Sarah Kusché
With music composed by Dídac Barroso Cascales
Sound design by Dídac Barroso Cascales & Florian Frech
Editing: Sarah Kusché
Content & concept: Constanze Frech & Sarah Kusché
Content contributors/interview partners: Catarina Camarinhas, Sujaya Rathi & Dídac Barroso Cascales
Voice for intro and outro by Dídac Barroso Cascales
Special thanks to Florian Frech for providing his studio and expertise for intro & outro!