This episode focusses on climate change mitigation and adaptation from a policy perspective, including UNFCCC and UN-Habitat policies and documents. – here you can listen to our other episode “Urbanism in Times of Climate Change” or the mentioned TED-Ed Video.
All publications by UN-Habitat on Climate Change: https://unhabitat.org/knowledge/repository?k%5B0%5D=author%3A805&k%5B1%5D=topic%3A818&node=142991
- Sustainable Urbanization in the Paris Agreement: https://unhabitat.org/sustainable-urbanization-in-the-paris-agreement
- Planning for climate change: A strategic, values-based approach for urban planners: https://unhabitat.org/planning-for-climate-change-a-strategic-values-based-approach-for-urban-planners
- Addressing Urban and Human Settlement Issues in National Adaptation Plans: https://unhabitat.org/nap-human-settlement
- Pro-poor Climate Action in Informal Settlements: https://unhabitat.org/pro-poor-climate-action-in-informal-settlement
- Guiding Principles for City Climate Action Planning: https://unhabitat.org/sites/default/files/download-manager-files/English%20Publication.pdf
- Climate Change Strategy 2014: https://uni.unhabitat.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Climate-Change-Strategy-2014-2019-FINAL-29-April-2015.pdf
- Overview: https://9a0efb03-d474-404a-84fd-2ddc24916544.filesusr.com/ugd/8f3e40_5382b3e0eba040a6ba86fdd5979021e4.pdf
- Durban & Quito:https://www.academia.edu/2569685/Urban_Climate_Adaptation_in_the_Global_South_Planning_in_an_Emerging_Policy_Domain
Thank you for your contributions and for supporting our vision!
The podcast “breaking paradigms” is a collaborative effort of Constanze Frech and Sarah Kusché. It focuses on all things spatial planning, especially regarding knowledge transfer and non-European practices and theories. Every 30-minute episode centers around a different topic and should give insights and perspectives on both theory and practice. Our goal is to be educational for those still studying and already in the professional field. We seek to collaborate with experts in their respective fields from all continents and build a platform to exchange niche subjects and start a conversation.
Created by Constanze Frech & Sarah Kusché
With music composed by Dídac Barroso Cascales
Sound design by Sarah Kusché, Dídac Barroso Cascales & Florian Frech
Editing: Sarah Kusché
Content & concept: Constanze Frech & Sarah Kusché
Voice contribution: Dídac Barroso Cascales
Script: Constanze Frech & Sarah Kusché
Voice for intro and outro by Dídac Barroso Cascales
Special thanks to Florian Frech for providing his studio and expertise for intro & outro!